My practice thrives because of the connections I share with my clients. Therapy to me is about providing hope when you feel there is none left; supporting your desire to change; and challenging you when no one else will. My style is very interactive and expressive. I truly enjoy working hard to establish rapport and trust. My passion for this profession comes from working along side you, bearing witness to the many insights and epiphanies that lie within you.
Music and Literature are two of my favorite endeavors, and I utilize both in therapy as a powerful way to understand and connect with my clients. Over the years, I have become enlightened and humbled by my clients strength and courage as they share their favorite authors and artists' work. I share my own personal list with you as a way for you to understand what inspires me:
- Viktor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning"
- Khalil Gibran, "The Prophet"
- Antoine De Saint-Exupery,"The Little Prince"
- Maya Angelou, "I know why the caged bird sings"
- Jumpa Lahiri, "The Namesake"
- Indigo Girls, "Love Will Come to You"
- Peter Gabriel, "Don't Give Up
- Mary J. Blige, "Just Fine"
- Pink, "The Great Escape"